Sorry it's been awhile since my last posting. I had a little bit of writer's block I guess you could say. Anyway, now that November is here, geez time flies, it is time for all of us to reflect and begin to think about what we are thankful for. Although we should always be thankful for our good fortunes and loved ones. The holiday season brings out a much brighter light in people, that for some is unfortunately dimmer the rest of the year. Thanksgiving is right around the corner and soon we will be gathering around with our families and friends laughing, eating and talking, well in my family's case, laughing, eating, and yelling, but you get what I mean. : ) I find it extremely important that we acknowledge what blessings we have and make known what we are thankful for. Therefore, in this post I am compiling my list of what I am most thankful for in my life.
I am thankful for......
1. My beautiful, healthy baby boy and my ability to be his mother.
2. My loving husband and best friend Josh, who brings me such happiness and provides us such a beautiful life.
3. My family, whom no matter what happens always sticks together.
4. Having a beautiful home, good food, clothes, and all the extra comforts of living this fortunate life.
5.My friends who have always stood by my side all these years.
6. Being the person that I am. Some days I am extremely critical on myself and lose sight of what is important. I need to be more aware of my strengths as a woman, wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend and be proud of the person I have become and will continue to shape into in my life ahead.
7. Being loved and the ability to love in all of my relationships.
My list could go on forever but these are the main reasons I feel so grateful to be who I am. You never realize how lucky you are until you see how unlucky things could be. We all should give constant thanks for what we have in this life and continue to always remember that in an instant things can dramatically be different, as in the case of the terrible tragedy and devastation of those suffering from Hurricane Sandy. We must always remember to never take what is given to us for granted.